Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Play Games Help Kids: Memphis 2011

OK, so it's been a month or so since this happened and I'm a little behind. Cut me some slack.

Play Games Help Kids: Memphis 2011 was a success, even if it was a small one. Four people competed in various children's games for the ultimate grand prize: bowling, shoe rental, pizza, and drink for four at Cordova Bowling Center. Doug and Rachel Watson tied for first place. Since they're married, we didn't bother with a tie breaker.
We raised $41 dollars for Child's Play. Yes, it was small, especially when you consider that over $3.5 million was raised by Child's Play as a whole. But it's still something, and it taught me a lot about how challenging this is going to be to pull off on a much grander scale.

I had my first meeting with my small team of three, made up of myself and Ryan and Clarissa Sidhom of Vantage Media LLC. Clarissa took the photos for PGHK: Memphis 2011. You can see them on Dual Analogs' facebook page. I think you'll all agree that she did a wonderful job. I'm really excited about this year's event. We have a lot of really good ideas on how to improve on last year. I'm also very excited about what Kelly has planned for Pensacola this year as well.

All I can tell you right now about 2012 is that we're shooting for October. This is just a goal. Nothing is set in stone as of now. I've still got to tour venue prospects and clear things up with whoever gets chosen to host this year. Stay tuned to DualAnalogs.net, our facebook page, and @PattyCakesDA on twitter for updates. For those wishing to get involved and volunteer, we greatly appreciate your willingness, but we're still a ways off from recruiting people. Keep checking back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment