Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why I haven't written in a while.

Blah blah blah excuses excuses. So I haven't written in a long time and while I don't have any good reasons here's a list of excuses. I made up 10 of them. You be the judge of whether or not any of them are any good.

1. I hate my writing.
I used to think I was an decent writer, but I haven't properly exercised my writing ability and it has gotten rusty. So instead of working at it to get better, what did I do? I gave up cause I'm a stupid quitter face.

2. I don't know what the heck I'm talking about.
I try to talk about things that are going on, but then I realize that I don't really know enough about what is going on, and I don't feel like researching it thoroughly enough to make truly intelligent arguments. Compared to Michael Lowell's long and studied histories over at The Ghetto, I'm a bumbling idiot.

3. I am very quickly loathing the video game industry.
It is getting really hard to think of good things to say, and I have better things to do than whine about how video games are going down the drain. I might like video games, but seriously, they're just video games.

4. I've realized I'm not as hardcore as I used to think I was.
Just look at my last two statements. If I were hardcore, I'd be screaming all over this site about the current, rotten state of the industry and would constantly be reading blogs and news sites so I could stay up to date on what is going on. Because video games are serious business.

5. I am not sure what exactly I want to do here.
What is it that I want to do with this? Do I want to cut up and have fun and write a bunch of funny articles that lack substance but are fun to read? I think that's more what I am leaning towards, but it just seems shallow and pointless. But, for reasons already stated, writing something that is serious is clearly not what I want to do.

6. Facebook has taught me to limit my musings to under 420 characters.
Back in the days of Myspace, I could go on and on and on in the bulletins without any restrictions. I was free to write as much as I wanted in a single post to spam all my friends with. Once facebook took over the world, I had to learn to confine my thoughts to a measly 420 characters. I've kind of gotten really used to it. Like, a bad habit. Curse you, facebook...!

7. I'm doing other things (obviously).
I do a lot of different things. Like, a lot. I'm quite restless, really. I haven't even been doing much gaming anyways, cause I've been doing other things. Like reading books and losing weight.

8. I'm lazy.
Writing decent articles is haaaaaaaaaaaaaard and takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiime.

9. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Watching an episode as I write this. And for your information, the episode is "Green Isn't Your Color."

10. Doesn't matter, havin' sex.
Yeah right, I wish I could make that a legitimate excuse.

So there you are. 10 reasons I haven't been updating. I'm open to thoughts, suggestions, and insults. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment